Interesting sky.....

2nd March 2024 (Saturday)    08.30 .... After overnight rain the sky is beginning to break up: we

Damp morning at Elie and Earlsferry.

could have a few bright, or even  sunny, spells by mid morning.  Unfortunately the forecast for today is (nae stupid pause) 'light rain with a moderate breeze (E)'.... with the rain returning later in the afternoon.    I've been out to feed 'Blob' and can tell you that, although not raining, it is cauld and damp....not a pleasant morning; but we have an interesting sky!  

11.30    The paper(s) have been uplifted and I had a quick trip to the harbour;  it was raining at that time so I only got a few 'wet look' photos.  However the sky has cleared and I'm thinking of having a wander to the beach after I have a cuppa.   Must 'go... 'slight flap on';  got a boiling kettle to attend to.

16.00    After the cuppa (mentioned above) I wandered down to the dunes (I don't think I could access the beach because of the drop after last months storms) and enjoyed  sitting on one of the seats, watching folk wandering along the beach with their dogs.   Like me, a lot of people had taken the


chance to enjoy 
the sunshine after the rain; it was a very calming sitting in the warm Spring sun.  I began to think 'Spring cleaning' .... but promptly put that idea on the shelf, and took a few photos of folk on the beach... before wandering back to Ivy to put on the kettle and read the papers.  I have had a lazy kind of  day.

20.30   I've just been out at the bucket and discovered it was raining.   Since then I've looked at the weather forecast and we're to have some overnight rain but it is going to clear away by morning to give us a Sunday of 'sunny intervals with a light breeze'.... and no mention of 'precipitation!   Frost is mentioned for the south of England.  I'm fed up of wintry weather and looking forward to seeing the new buds bursting open, and the fresh greens of Spring!


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....