Cold south east breeze ....

8th March 2024 (Friday)    08.15 ....The cold wind off the North Sea is still with us (and will be for

Colin at the 4th tee.

a few days) so it's a 'confined to barracks' (or the car) day for me;  lot's of work to do on the computer....and I'll make a batch o' 'Cottage Pies' in the afternoon, so I'm happy.   It's not 'iggzactly' a walk on the beach morning.... but dogs don't know that, and will have their owners out for a 'frolic in the fresh air, regardless of the wind.   'Thick clouds and a fresh breeze is the weather forecast'.   I'm going to have breakfast .... and another cuppa!

10.45    The tautties have been peeled for the afternoon's Cottage Pie making session;  had it been warmer I'd have gone out on the bike now, but it's bitterly cold, so I'll have morrrrrrrning coffee and a bicci.   I'd say that, having looked at the forecast for the weekend, the place to be is anywhere on the West coast:  however, we should get sunny spells on Sunday... with light showers, and the cold Easterly wind.   I could get a lot work done on the computer this weekend.   Maybe some 'ousework.   Orf to put on the kettle.

18th tee.

13.00    The sky had 'brightened up, and I felt 'brave' enough to take a wander up to the seat at the 17th green:   I got as far as the 4th tee where I met, and chatted with Colin who was out for a few holes; as were a couple of girls who were teeing off on the 18th.    I took a few photos.... and decided that it was too cold to sit on the seat so bumbled my way back to Ivy.      

15.30   I've been on the computer and thought I'd have a daunder out to the street to see what was happening ... if anything!    Nothing was 'appening, but I can tell you that it's bitterly cold and definitely not a 'play day'.   In fact it's not going to be a 'play weekend' if the weather forecasters have got it right.   The hatches have been battened, the kettle is 'on' and I am settling down for the evening.   I hope I can find something decent to watch on the tele.

22.30    Friday has been bitterly cold all day.... and Saturday and Sunday more of the same;  plus good chance of light rain on Sunday.   A good weekend to be working inside I'm thinking.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....