Breezy ....

28th March 2024 (Thursday)    07.45.... we had a bright sunrise but the sky has clouded over and


it now looks like the rain, that's mentioned in the weather forecast for KY9, isn't far away;  "strong winds and heavy rain" is forecast!  Actually we could have some interesting clouds, as the sky breaks up to give us sunny spells now and again.  I'm going to visit Alice and go for the weekend's shopping.

17.30   We have had a day of mixed weather;  sunshine through to heavy rain.   Right now it's sunny with a frisky and cool breeze.   I went along to Methil early so that we could get our shopping done fairly early in the morning;  we had a cuppa at Alice's then went to Sainsbury's.  The shop was busy with quite a few of those really deep trolleys 'fu' tae the eyeballs'. Anyway we got the shopping done then  had lunch at the Wellesley Parish Church Café.  The food is excellent and there's a good menu.... starting with breakfast up till 11.30... then lunch until 14.00.   There was only one waitress today but,  my word she was efficient.   So was I,.... when it came to clearing my plate of steak pie, vegetables and chips.   

When I left Alice's it was spitting rain... and lashing down by the time I was at Upper Largo: Luckily the rain had slackened off by the time I got to Ivy so I didn't get soaked taking the messages in.  And so ended a very enjoyable morrrrrning in spite of the weather; and started, what is usually, the busiest and most stressful holiday weekend of the year. 


20.00    I had a short walk down to the High Street at sunset time, more for a wee bit exercise rather than the actual sunset... which I'd missed anyway.    There was some red in the sky so we should have a bonnie day tomorrow...'red sky at nigh.... etc'.   There was a brisk wind and it wasn't warm.

22.30  This being Easter weekend means there will be loads of folk to speak to;  so I'm looking forward to warmer weather so that I can go up to Chapel Green and meet a few of them.  Of course, with me being a shy quiet kind of boy I probably won't speak to anyone.  The 'plan' is to go out on the bike, if the weather warms up, and see how busy the villages are;  I think Saturday could be warmish.... but it all depends on how windy it is.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....