Cloudy with frisky wind ....

21st March 2024 (Thursday)    08.15 .... "Happy Birthday" to Iain (No2 son) who is 59 ... oops... not 60 today. 

There's a fresh breeze from the SW, with a good chance of rain .... so not a play day.   Today's Master


'plan' is to wander round to the 19th and have lunch with Kirsty, Myra and George ('The Team') so the weather won't bother me... apart from the wandering round to the 19th bit.   Hopefully it won't be raining!  

11.45   I went for the paper (in the car) ... and found out that it's cold when exposed to the frisky wind:  but, thankfully, it wasn't raining.   I came home by way of Balbuthie and Kinneuchar... and would like to do that run on the bike.... when the weather settles down.... hopefully soon.  We going through an unsettled spell of weather just now.  

22.45   We enjoyed our 'Team' lunch at the  19th Hole .... I had my monthly ration of fish n' chips, followed by ice cream with chocolate sauce.   As ever the food was excellent as was the company and  'Team' news from all quarters of the villages.   George is still working around the villages so knows what's happening around the villages.  The girls know all the girlie stuff.... and I... actually I don't know what I contribute: Not very much in this weather that's for sure.

Third tee.
My birthday celebrations continue tomorrow when I visit Alice;  and finish on Saturday when Jackie, Iain and Hazel (granddaughter) are coming down from Auchnagatt.   Hazel is a gardener at Brodie Castle, a National Trust property, and I have just been on a walk round a part of the garden via a video made by Ed Walling, the Head Gardener.   It looks an interesting place, and is one that I haven't been at: If I visit any NT properties this year, I might have to take Jimmy's 'hurdy gurdy' so that I can have seat at regular intervals.   I'll need to have practice with it (hurdy gurdy) sometime.   Jimmy found it really useful when he became less able.

I have enjoyed myself today.... but I am really tired now; and I've just noticed the time: this is a late bedtime for me.  We're going to have long sunny intervals tomorrow.... but there's also going to be a bit of a breeze.... about F6-7 from the WNW, so it will be fairly cold.   Apparently the temporary traffic lights at Letham Glen can cause long tail backs at busy times.... and Friday is a 'busy time'. 




Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....