Creative mood ....

15th March 2021 (Monday)    07.30 .... it’s a bonnie morning;   slightly


calmer than yesterday, but,  there is a thin layer of high cloud than might weaken the sun; however it’s a day for doing things;  a mix of doing creative things at Ivy Cottage and going for a decent turn on the bike, is the ‘plan’ for today.   I have a woollen wash going through the machine (3 jerseys), which I hope to ‘nearly dry’ on the line.   

 21.00    I have had an excellent day.   The aforementioned jerseys dried, I went out on the bike twice and I organised a canvas for a picture.  On my first run out, I ended up at ‘Alberto’s Wood’ (Kinneuchar Station).... and I then came home through Elie Estate.    As I was leaving the estate I met and spoke to Barbara.... that was lucky (for me), because she was the only person I really chatted too all day.  

The seaweed at the harbour beach  is beginning to ‘liven up’ with loads of Seaweed flies  on the wing.... a gauntlet you have to bike, run, or walk, on your way down the Toft.   It’s Okay, once you get to the actual harbour and past the seaweed, because the wind is from the West.... which is why the flies are a nuisance on the way down The Toft.   An East wind would blow them out over the bay.   It is forecast to be warmer tomorrow so they will on the wing again.... and probably more of them then we had today.  


My second run out (in the afternoon) was shorter and only as far as the Pony Field.     By that time the sky was clouding over so I didn’t want to go far.... I was thinking of the jerseys.    It’s amazing how I have come round to thinking, the way Maggie did, about ‘the washing’.    Ye Gods .... I’m becoming housewifely.  

I found a canvas with the beginnings of a picture on it:  I’m going to paint over it and start again (if Mike (Angelo) could do that so can I).

It’s good seeing the villages becoming busier....but at the same time it’s also slightly alarming.   I have become so used to biking down to the harbour, with no traffic on the road, I could almost do it with my eyes closed;  now I’m having to keep my wits about me when out on the streets.   I think the East Neuk is going


to be manic come July and August and probably under lockdown in September... unless the jabs work really well and produce herd immunity.   





The rain band has eventually reached us and the streets are wet; however, the rain is forecast to move away by morning time and tomorrow is, by all accounts, going to be a glorious day ....and a warm one.     I am a silly boy.... I should have put the bike on charge!  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....