Damp morning ....

26th March 2021 (Friday)      07.00 .... There has been some overnight rain....


and it seems like we could have a few more showers, by the look of the sky which is heavily overcast.    Sunny spells are forecast for later in the morning/afternoon.   I’m feeling ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’ this morning, but I’m going to have another ‘rest’ day;  to be honest.... I am enjoying drawing, so ... I’m going to do a coloured pencil drawing (of Ferry Corner) today.    Must ‘go’ .... ‘flap on’;  I’m going for the paper and to check the harbour.   I haven’t been down there (the harbour) for a few days!

08.30    Welllll .... I’ve been for the paper and down to the harbour, but, it isn’t the best of mornings to be dog walking.   The showers, which are fairly frequent just now, are heavy, squally.... and best avoided.  This is the first morning I’ve been to the harbour since I caught the chill I’m shaking orf.   I well remember that morning:  it was a nice morning, cold with a brisk breeze.... and I was in the car.   I was wearing a light jacket, light weight woollen hat, nae gloves and nae scarf.    At the harbour I ‘did the lot’;   hill, pier and general walk about.... and was frozen by the time I was back to the car.    I remember thinking ... “that was stupid... I’ll pay for this morning”.    And I have.    However I’m feeling good again and looking forward to another day of staying warm,.... and drawing.    In the meantime I am orf to have breakfast.... and a hot cuppa.

I’ve been looking at today’s weather forecast for KY9;   ‘hail showers and a fresh breeze’ .... so it is not going to be warm.... but it is going to be brighter in the afternoon.


13.00     We do have a brighter afternoon... but the squally showers, though less frequent do bumble their way across now and then.     And the temperature has dropped a few degrees.

I am a happy ‘boy, having a quiet day drawing and doing research.   The research is finished;  now I will make a hot cuppa and go out to the Hutte and do some more drawing.   When the sky is clear the Hutte is a very cosy place to be.




20.30    I took time out and had a run (in the car) down to the harbour in the middle of the afternoon .... and found it a hive of activity.   Welll ... not quite that active;  but work in progress.   I also saw a small flock of migrating Knot on the harbour beach;  they were taking a break, from their long migration back to the their breeding grounds....on the Arctic tundra of Greenland etc.

I’ve had a good day re my ‘creative’ mission.   All the research has been done    and one

Knot - resting on the harbour beach.

(of four) preliminary sketches done:  I should get the other three well under way tomorrow.   It’d going to be a nice day but cold, so I’ll stay around Ivy Cottage, .... and stay warm, in the Hutte, drawing. I'm orf to watch the rugby.... France v Scotland in Paris. 







22.30     That was the perfect end to a perfect day for me;  Scotland won in Paris for the first time in  over 20 years.... and it was a really exciting game.    I shall now have a mug of chocolate then off to bed.... a happy bunny.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....