Iffy .... (the weather i.e.).

10th March 2021 (Wednesday)    08.30 .... after a wild night we have a

Where 'Four Winds' used to be.

calm(ish) morning, though the sky remains mostly overcast with the threat of light showers.  Unfortunately there is another band of rain coming our way after midday;  so ....I have a couple of hours of ‘playtime’ ahead.   Better have another cuppa then get the bike out! 

12.00    We had a beautiful morning once the sky cleared.... and a lot of folk took advantage of that, knowing that the afternoon was going to be ... well.... ‘damp’.   In fact the sky has clouded over, with the next rain band not that far off by the look of it.

I went for the paper on the bike... and... I remembered to get it, them actually as this is ‘East Fife Mail day.   After the ‘paper shop’ I did the tour of the villages.   The house, ‘Four Winds’, has gone;  all that remains is a heap of rubble and an open space.   There’s much building action going on around ‘The Ferry’.


The harbour was quiet....‘Cavalier’ being the only boat in the harbour.    That’s the boat that had the engine malfunction the other day.    It was cold on the bike, the raw cold that comes with rain.   I won’t be going out again today:  not on the bike anyway.

21.00    My word, we have had ‘low pressure’ today;   I had a, what I call, ‘weather migraine’.  which problem happens when the barometric pressure is down to 1005;  the barometer is showing 980 just now and still going down.    Got to drink loads of water, a few extra cups of coffee (caffeine), lie down .... and keep taking the pills.   ‘Weather migraines’ are the most miserable kind.     Having said all that I have had an enjoyable day (the pills help).   We did have a wet spell after midday .... but the afternoon  ended brightly;  and I had a lie down in the middle of it all.

‘Plan’ for tomorrow?    As far as I can see we’re going to have a ‘bright and breezy day’


after another windy night.      The bike is fully charged but it may be too windy for me to go far:  round the villages will be far enough.   

I am going to have another cuppa (not chocolate) and browse the TV Channels.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....