Bright and breezy (so is the weather) ....

11th March 2021 (Thursday)     09.00 .... It’s a bonnie morning but there’s a

Elie Harbour beach.

cauld, frisky wind from the Northwest;  not a morning for this boy going out on the bike .... unless the temperature rises.   I am feeling my auld frolicsome self again;  I might wrap up and have a walk to the beach after morning coffee.    There will be shelter from the wind in the lee of the dunes.   I won’t be going to the Pony Field today!   The wind is forecast to freshen in the afternoon so it’s going to be cool all day.

I went for the paper in the car and had a turn round the harbour but didn’t stop;   but I did stop at the Ship Inn beer garden, to get a few photos of the seaweed on the beach.   There’s a lot of it.

15.00    It’s a bonnie afternoon, albeit windy.   The bike has never been out... and neither have I  (since I went for the paper)when I think of it.    I did some ‘ooverin’ and dustin, topped the windscreen washer in the car and then watched ‘Run Silent Run deep’.    I am having a before taking a walk to the beach for a breath of fresh air:  it’s stuffy in a submarine.

20.30     With the showers being too frequent I didn’t go to the beach but took the car for a run to the harbour then up to Kinneuchar.   I have been feeling cauld all day but kite surfers were out on Elie Bay enjoying the wind and water.    Although I enjoyed watching


them, they did not make me feel any warmer.   The speed they move across the water and waves, really surprises me; it’s not as if the water is flat calm..... because, they need a frisky wind.   Mind you they do have the proper togs so they won’t feel cold.

Kinneuchar was quieter and a shower of rain had just passed over so the street was wet.... the first time I have photographed Kinneuchar Main Street after rain.     It was cauld up at Kinneuchar too and I was glad to get back to Ivy and get the kettle on.

It’s going to be breezy tomorrow with fewer showers;   in fact I am going to wash the towels, ‘cos it looks like it’s going to be a drying day.   It will be cold again.    I think I’ll spend most of the day around Ivy Cottage doing some tidying up around the garden....


and Soduko’s in the Hutte. 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....