Lovely, bright and breezy morning ....

24th March 2021 (Wednesday)       07.00 .... It’s going to be a bonnie day


with long sunny spells, but, there is a brisk cold wind .... with a wintry feel to the air.   It’s a good morning for a brisk walk along the beach.... or, in my case, a not so brisk walk, up Balcarres Den, sheltered from the wind.    I might do that in the afternoon;  unless I am really engrossed with other things.

11.00    I am having cake and coffee while I contemplate my next move.    So far I have been to Ainster (‘The Store’) to have an amble round the aisles;  When I was packing into bags Sam appeared .... Sam is Jimmy’s Grandson .... and I caught up with his latest ‘plans’.    I didn’t recognise Sam at first... actually I did but I wasn’t sure if it was Sam , or a ‘stranger.  The East Neuk has a lot more ‘unfamiliar people’ around and I tend to assume, if I don’t immediately recognise someone, that it’s a ‘stranger’.    That is one ‘side effect’ that the pandemic has had on me.   Next move? .... I’ve finished the cake and coffee and will now have a quick run out on the bike to see what’s ‘appening around the village(s).


21.00    On a sunny day like today bumble bees are active;   the flowering currant has been busy with them all afternoon.... and .... I see that we have a ‘new’, to Ivy Cottage garden, species of bumble bee this year;  the Tree Bumblebee (bombus hypnorum).   It was first reported (in Wiltshire) in 2001, (having migrated from Europe);  and has spread rapidly since then, arriving in Scotland in 2013.   There’s plenty of them about .... feeding alongside our usual Garden bumbles.  I’ll try to get a photograph tomorrow.

I went out on the bike before lunch.... only as far as Kinneuchar then home by way of Elie estate and Elie;  I couldn’t go far because the bike battery was half empty when I started.    It’s full charged now.   The wind wasn’t that troublesome.... and I was well wrapped up.    I had a quick walk to the beach in the afternoon.... again well wrapped up because of the chilly wind.  

We’ve had a couple of light showers of rain this evening..... but I think tomorrow is going


to be mostly dry with sunny spells and a moderate wind so not very warm.   After the morning run for the paper, I plan to work in the Hutte most of the day.

I’m tired tonight;  I think that a hot chocolate and an early night in bed is called for.    Right enough I was ‘up’ and active at 05.30 this morning.... and I haven’t had a catnap.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....