8th March 2021 (Monday)   07.30 ....  the sky is mostly overcast, especially so

Elie Bay this morning.

towards the West, and there’s a chance of early morning showers;   but the 'chance of showers' will clear away as the morning progresses.    I see small blue holes in the cloud .... and even a small a ‘bloo hole’ = a sunny spell somewhere!    I’ll go for the paper later in the morrrrrrrrrrning.

20.30    This has been a brilliant day for me!  Did you see the clouds?   The light was constantly changing.... it was marvellous.    Let’s start with the ‘paper run’ .... which event started about 10.45,....  by which time the overcast sky was becoming interesting, with big shower clouds all around.   There was a queue at the ‘Paper Shop’ so I went to the harbour.    Would you believe it there was a small boat being towed in.... engine malfunction.   What caught my attention was the boat doing the towing;  it was a Banff registered, wooden hulled creel type boat.   This event was photographed ‘to bits’.... and (unsurprisingly)..... I forgot all about the paper.   Mind you big drops of rain began to fall when I was at The Toft so getting back to Ivy Cottage became a priority.... though it never developed into a full blooded shower.    I arrive home just after midday.... in time to get a ready meal into the oven.   While waiting for lunch to heat up, I had a cuppa and browsed the morning’s photographs.

Elie Harbour.

The afternoon sky was full of shower clouds all around us (we are lucky with showers.... they mostly miss us) so I went up to Chapel Green.   Actually I went up to Chapel Green twice;  the first time, I arrived there to find that the camera was not in the camera bag!   I went to Ivy Cottage and started all over again this time with the camera;  and got myself another batch of photos to ‘play’ with.   I met Alan, out with Jazz and we chatted..... as you’d expect the topic of conversation was predominantly local history.   Chapel Green was busy, as was Chapel Green Road.   Right enough it was a nice afternoon to be out.

23.00    Well... I watched the ‘Harry & Megan’ interview.   Conclusion?...... The Royal ‘Firm’ needs to start looking in the many mirrors, that decorate the walls of the various palaces;  take a long look at what they see in the mirror, but more importantly think about what goes on in the background of what they are looking at:  there’s a lot of rotten


apples in the Royal barrel ....and much to be fixed in 'The Firm’.   The interview established that.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....