Gorgeous day ....

 

27th March 2021 (Saturday)  "Happy Birthday" to Michael (Uckfield) in


Sunny Sussex" ... have a great day.

 07.30 .... there was one, cotton wool cloud bumbling across a wall to wall blue sky, when I was out opening the Hutte;  it’s a gorgeous, bright and breezy day for bumbling about, but it is not warm.... it was only 2c on the garden thermometer at that time (07.00).   After the Hutte warms up (which won’t take long) I will go out there to ‘work’.   Today’s sketch is the inside (hidden from the street) view of Ferry corner as memorised by Jimmy (who lived, as a small boy, in the two storey house that had to be demolished, next to ‘Toni’s shop) and his friend Sydney (Reekie).    It’s all ‘go’ at Ivy Cottage this morning.   

08.00  All of a sudden the ‘lonely cloud’ isn’t ‘alone’.... it has been followed, by a few mates, scampering over from the northwest.... there could be the chance of a shower.   


23.15    I have had a ‘lazy’ but enjoyable day.    I went up to Balcarres to see how ‘Sarah’ (Magnolia tree) was coming of and found that the very topmost blooms were out;  ‘she’ should be looking really good by the middle of next week.   I had a wander along the bottom of the crag....  it’s a long time since I did that ....it certainly brought back memories of ‘the good old days’.   It was really warm there so I might do that again tomorrow..... but, I have a delivery tomorrow so will have to stay around for that.

Much of my day has been spent in the Hutte drawing.... and I intend doing the same tomorrow;   though I will ‘go to the kirk’ on Zoom.    I might even go into a ‘room’ (at the end of the Service), though I’m not sure about that.

We have had some light rain this evening, with strong winds and heavy rain forecast


overnight.... turning lighter by morning.   Tomorrow is going to be another ‘stay warm’ day for me;  though I feel that I have shaken off the chill.   That’s one thing about me;  when I do ‘stupid’ I really do it really well.  

I am late for bed tonight;  I found, and watched, a Midsomer Murder that I haven’t seen before and it didn’t finish until 23.00.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....