Quiet morning ....

9th March 2021 (Tuesday)      09.00 .... The sky is overcast and we have had a


couple of light showers.... but the forecast for KY9 is, ‘light cloud with a moderate breeze’ so the light showers should be few and far between.    With it being damp I went to ‘The Store’ to get a few vital necessities .... included in the ‘vital necessities’ was a packet of five, chocolate, Maltesers Easter Bunnies.   I came home by way of the ‘back road’, to give the car a wee bit of a run.   

The ‘plan’ is to go for the paper after I put the messages away and had breakfast.

15.30    I combined my trip to Elie for the paper, with a visit to the re-cycling place at Woodhaven to deposit some plastic and glass.... so had a wee walk when out there.    There was a few folk walking and I ended up chatting to a walker out with his collie.   I also met George at the ‘paper shop’ , but he had a ‘flap on’;  he’d suddenly remembered that he had a delivery coming at 11.00!

Remains of old jetty

I’ve had a quiet day.... haven’t been for a proper walk or anything.   The walk at Woodhaven wouldn’t be much further than half a mile!    As is usual after I go shopping, I end up fiddling about putting the messages away and sampling the odd purchase.   Having just consumed one, I can tell you that Barnett’s hot cross buns are really nice; and I only bought one!    Now, I am contemplating a quick daunder to the beach after this update...after I have another cuppa.

21.00    Instead of going to the beach I went to the harbour and pottered around on Apple Rock,  the site of jetty, when Elie was one of the destinations, for the  summer pleasure steamers cruises from Edinburgh (Leith).    The jetty was first used in 1889 and in regular use up to the Great War.  In 1922 a company from Leith restarted the Forth cruises and occasionally used the Elie jetty on their outer Firth cruises, but cruising in the outer Firth never recovered to pre-war levels and by the early 1930’s the jetty had


been removed.   90 years later (now) there can still be seen parts of the concrete path and a few bits and pieces attached to the Apple Rock.   I enjoyed my potter around Apple Rock today.

We’re supposed to have a gale of wind, accompanied by rain, overnight;  the rain should have passed by morning but it will be windy.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....