Gorgeous morning..... ....

31st March 2021 (Wednesday)     09.00 ....it’s a cracker o’ a mornin’;  very

Harbour beach being cleared of seaweed.

peaceful.... very Elie and Earlsferry in fact.    I did a shopping (at the Store) first thing so haven’t been round the villages yet;   I’ll do that after breakfast.... but it is a mornin’ for being ‘out and about’.   The bloke at the checkout was saying how much he was looking forward to going hill walking again;  that had me thinking of the ‘good old days’.    Balcarres Crag is about my limit now.   Orf to have breakfast....  then get the bike out.

12.30    I have has a really enjoyable morning with the camera and all I did, was bike round the villages.... from Chapel Green to the harbour and back.   The sea was flat calm and there was much going on; creel boats working, a single boat after ‘spoots’ (with diver) in West Bay.... and the harbour beach being cleared of seaweed.    And walkers out walking dogs.    Busy place.   

At the harbour I met Derek (my brother) who was busy marking out parking spaces for the new season;   Mr ‘B’ arrived to sort out his moorings .... the boats are Craned In on the 9th April.

Since I was out the wind had freshened and the sky is beginning to look slightly more threatening... it looks like we could have ‘the chance of precipitation’.


15.00    My word .... we have had a weather change since this morning... since about 11.30 to be precise.   We now have a brisk North-easterly wind (F4) and a big temperature drop.   I am glad that I went out early on the bike.     The bike battery has been charged, ready for tomorrow;  however if this wind is still with us there will be no biking tomorrow.   This boy will be staying in .... staying warm and working.    I had intended going up to Balcarres to see ‘Sarah’ but that has been postponed;  when I do go it will be in the car.    
I had intended going up to Balcarres to see ‘Sarah’ but that has been postponed;  when I do go it will be in the car.   It looks like we’re in for a cold snap, though the wind should moderate and long sunny spells come our way.     Kettle ‘on’ time.

I just found out today that a Balcarres friend of mine, Ian Taylor, died a couple of weeks ago.   Ian was a few years younger than me but we kept ‘bumping’ into each other all though our lives.    Ian worked with Fife council and cut the grass at Chapel green etc.    The last time we actually met, was up at the Balcarres House Gardens Open Day in 2018.... though we kept in touch via Facebook since then.   There’s a place in Kinneuchar kirkyard where I can take really sharp photographs of Balcarres House without the need for a tripod;  and I took one only 10 days or so ago, because, with the trees being bare, you could see the house that Ian’s family used to live in;  which is what I was thinking when I took the photo.    I remember thinking later, after I'd put the photo on my FB page, that Ian hadn't commented which he always did with Balcarres photos. 

21.30    We had a windy afternoon but the wind has moderated and KY 9’s weather for


tomorrow is going to be, ‘sunny spells with light winds’.... unfortunately the wind is going to be from the ENE so it won’t be warm;  it will be a wrap up well and enjoy a walk kind of day.   I’ll that the car to some sheltered place.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....