17th March 2021 (Wednesday)      08.30 .... “Happy  St Patrick’s Day” to all


my friends who will be ‘wearing the green’ today.   It’s a good day for listening to one of my Irish Folk CD’s.

It’s overcast just now but ‘sunny intervals’ are forecast for later.   I’ve been for the paper (in the car because I needed milk for the Cornflakes), bought the paper(s) and, checked out the harbour.    At the harbour I thought I could hear voices but couldn’t see anyone.... until I spotted the heads of two swimmers in the water.... two brave swimmers because it wasn’t warm..... but it should be in the afternoon.  

16.30    My word .... the garden thermometer was at 14c this afternoon;   I might need to start wearing fewer jerseys if this hot weather is with us for a while.   But ‘they’ (the auld wives) do say ... “ne’er cast a cloot till May is oot”;  so I’ll stick with it.


I’ve been out on the bike;  only through Elie Estate and up to Chapel Green;   I’d have gone further but the bike battery was low after yesterday.    Actually it went ‘flat’ at Chapel green;  and it took ‘iggzactly’ the same time to charge up as yesterday.   I now have a fully charged battery for tomorrow.

As this was a ‘rest day’, I worked in the Hutte .... and made good progress with the latest project;  the Ferry Corner pictures.    Today I did preliminary sketches on paper.   I am a happy, well rested boy.    Tomorrow might be another ‘rest day’.... i.e. short bike run followed by working in The Hutte.

20.30    The ‘plan for tomorrow is to do a wee bit of gardening (tidy up the steps at the back door) and generally potter around Ivy most of the day.   I will take time out to go for the paper.    I’m still in a creative mood, so I’ll also do some drawing.   Tomorrow’s weather forecast isn’t quite as good (for us) as it was today;   more light cloud around,


but brighter in the afternoon. 

I’ve had a very enjoyable day.... even if it was a rest day;   and it will be more of the same tomorrow.   Right now it’s ‘chocolate time’, then browse the TV to see if there’s anything to watch.  

 

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....