Breezy ....

14th March 2021 (Sunday)     07.00 .... after a bonnie sunrise we have a


‘bright, breezy and cool’ morning though there is a bank of cloud over towards the West.   It’s a bit cold for me going out on the bike;  I don’t think it’s going to be very warm at any time today; anyway, it’s going to be warmer by the middle of the week.    I’ll have a walk today, somewhere sheltered from the wind.

09.30     Being as it was too cauld for this delicate boy to go out on the bike, I went to ‘The Store’ for a wee trip round the aisles.    At this time in the morning the shop is quiet;   that said.... as I was going in there was a gentleman with a trolley full of shopping, coming out..... usually there’s only, a young lady (about my age) and this ‘boy’, running round the aisles with trolleys.  

The sky has clouded over and looks fairly threatening at the moment:  however, the forecast is for ‘sunny spells with a moderate wind’, so the threatening sky must be a passing ‘blip’, before the sunny spells hit us.    The sun cream is on stand-by.


20.30    I didn’t get the bike out at all today .... the wind was too cauld for my delicate constitution:  however I did go for a walk to the beach, then up to Balcarres (in the car) to check out how my Dutch girl, Sarah, is coming on.   She is looking gorgeous and will be in full bloom in a couple of weeks.   Sarah (van Veen) is a Magnolia tree.    It was braw up on Balcarres....  doing the Woodland walk, at the bottom of the crag was very pleasant (sheltered from the cool breeze).... I feel like I’ve got a slightly sunburnt face tonight.

The Kirk service is at 10.30 so I set myself up for that, then go and make a mug of coffee.    This is a good way for me to ‘go to the kirk’..... I enjoy the service and a mug coffee.    Mind you the coffee is usually cauld by the end.   There was a part in the service where we, the congregation, take an active part;  this is good.   It’s almost like being ‘in the kirk’.   The question today was (as I found out later (after I’d turned up the


speaker).... Do You moan?   Moan? .... I could moan for the whole of the Royal Burgh .... and Elie too!   Having missed the actual question I just did what I always do on those occasions .,.... I smiled.

Tomorrow looks like being a slightly calmer day.... and warmer.   It should be a good day for doing things.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....