Calm and peaceful morning ....

5th March 2021 (Friday)      07.30 .... we have a calm and peaceful start to the

'Horace' is not in a good mood!

day;  the early morning cloud is beginning to break up to give us, sunny spells with a light Northerly breeze for most of the day.   It will be nice out, but it’s going to be cool.

11.00   I have done the ‘paper run’ (via the Estate this morning) and all is as it should be everywhere.    Oh, I forgot ‘Horace’ (mute swan).... he is grumpy this morning;  there are a lot of ‘interlopers’ on the loch just now.  

 It’s a bonnie morning but cold so you have to wrap up and wear gloves.    The villages, like the weather, are peaceful and calm....I’ll go to the beach after lunch;  it will be low tide then.    Enjoy your day; there’s much to be enjoyed.

16.30    It has been a beautiful day;  cool but bonnie.    I went down to the beach in the middle of the afternoon .... it was tranquil.    I spotted a couple, down by the edge of the tide, and went down to ask if it was Okay to take their photo with Elie behind them   They had been enjoying the tranquillity .... until I turned up.    With my usual efficiency I forgot to ask their names..... but I enjoyed speaking to them even if it was only for a short time.



The beach was fairly busy with folk enjoying the afternoon sunshine;  in fact, on the way up from the beach, I met Chris and Oliver out walking ‘Skye’.    It might have been the other way round;  ‘Skye’ was walking Chris and Oliver!








21.00    I suppose I should do some ‘work’ tomorrow;  the weather forecast is good.   The problem is that I have a fully charged battery.... and so has the bike.   I’ll see where the mood takes me in the morning.   I’ve had an enjoyable ‘play’ day today, so a ‘work’ day could be satisfying.

Moan ahead.     I honestly don’t believe it!   What is it I don’t believe?..... the derisory pay rise offered to the NHS workers.  After their amazing efforts during the pandemic I never doubted that they would be treated fairly.   Of course, now that the vaccines appear to be working and hospital admissions falling NHS workers were bound to, as this pay offer shows, fall rapidly down the ‘importance’ scale.   It’s a bit like when the troops came home, from the from the trenches, at the end of the Great War (WW1).   At least ....once the country gets back to ‘old normal’, NHS Staff can look forward to getting back to their ‘old normal’ weekend A and E work with drunkards etc.   Yes.... things are getting back to the ‘old normal’ right enough.   The thing is do we want all the ‘old normal’ back?   Moan over.

This paddling is cauld on the feet!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....