Bright and breezy with heavy showers....

12th March 2021 (Friday)   09.30 .... We have a ‘bright and breezy’


start to the morning, but the washing has been cancelled, due to the fact we have heavy showers bumbling across, fairly frequently just now.  

I’ve been for the paper and visited the harbour, Ship Inn beer garden then home by way of Balbuthie Loan and Kinneuchar.   It’s a bonnie morning to be out..... well wrapped up in the car, ‘cos it’s cauld.... and wet now and again.   My ‘plans’ have had to be modified because of the  inconsiderate inclement weather.   I opened a new box of tea bags.


16.30   I did the washing, but it never reached the washing line;  the showers have been to frequent.... and heavy.   I’ll hang it out first thing in the morning.   I managed a walk to the beach, in between showers and, although short (and cool) it was enjoyable:  it has been beautiful in between showers.    I also did a wee bit of ‘planning’, but this has been mostly a ‘lazy’ day.  I hope there’s something good to watch on the tele tonight.


Yesterday I was passing Harbour House (in the car) when I noticed that the door was open and that there was someone coming out;  who was coming out?.... none other than our lovely Laura.   This got me into wondering when ‘arbour ‘ouse (and other coffee shops) might be opening, so I checked up what I think are the latest ‘rools’ and reached the conclusion that coffee shops won’t be opening until the end of April.   However, seeing Laura raised my hopes.... and brightened up my day.

21.00     There was an interesting sky this afternoon so I went to the harbour for a run in the car;  it was wild down there but I got to the shelter of the Ship Inn beer garden before the front edge of the shower.  There wasn’t much going on at the harbour, but there’s a sign of potential activity down there tomorrow.

The Master Plan’ for tomorrow has been concocted:   I’ll get the washing on the line


first thing (it’s a better forecast), then get the bike out, after breakfast, and head for the harbour.  That’s assuming the weather is as forecast.   If it’s a really nice day I might even go through the estate.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....