Peaceful morning ....

18th March 2021 (Thursday)       07.30 .... Although overcast, the cloud is

EAG taking advantage of perfect painting weather.

going to break up by mid morning, giving us, ‘warm sunny spells with a light breeze’.     According to the auld girls,  “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”!   We don’t want dull boys, or girls,  so let’s have, “A bit of work and a bit of play.... makes for us, a happy day”.    Enjoy your day.

10.00    The ‘work’ part of my day (up until lunch time) is giving the Hutte a Spring clean:  this could be a fairly long job, very much needed after winter.  I need space in which to set up my easel.    I see that you still have to book a time to visit the re-cycling depot at Pittenweem.... so .... Blue Bucket it is for any landfill stuff.

I’m doing this update in my coffee break;   that reminds me.... ‘slight flap on’ now;  I haven’t made the coffee.

16.30      What a gorgeous day this has been;   20c on the garden thermometer at one time.    I have spent most of the day sorting out The Hutte;   with numerous short breaks (and cuppas).   My short breaks were taken outside the Hutte .... where the table and chairs were.   On one of the short breaks I saw an osprey migrating North but didn’t have the camera to try a ‘zoom’ shot.    Later in the afternoon, when out on the bike, I saw a Peacock butterfly near Elie House.       My run out on the bike took me to Chapel Green,

A 'Fat Albert' over Elie.

for a break with The Boss;   and a chat with Susanne who was out for her afternoon walk.    From Chapel Green I went to Woodhaven then up through Elie Estate.   On the way through Elie I came across Graham (Meacher) painting one of the seats at Toll Green, so I had to take an action shot ... and catch up with Graham’s news.   I have had a good day and now have the urge to eat something.

21.00    This has been a brilliant day for work....  and play.   Although doing more work than play, I feel really content tonight.  More than half of the Hutte has been sorted and it should be finished tomorrow.    


With only a light breeze off East it’s going to be cloudier tomorrow.... so not as warm as


it was today.   The ‘plan’ for tomorrow is to finish ‘Spring’ cleaning The Hutte,  then go out on the bike in the afternoon.    It’s time for chocolate and a browse through the TV channels.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....