Balmy morning .....

19th March 2021 (Friday)     08.30 .... All is good in Elie and Earlsferry this


balmy morning;   the garden thermometer was at 1c earlier..... so it's cooler than yesterday.   There's only a smirr of a breeze (from the NNE) so no wind-chill.   
It’s a beautiful morning for finishing off the Hutte Spring clean;  there’s not that much to do so it shouldn’t take long.    I guess it all depends on how many ‘tea breaks’ I take.




11.00    The Hutte Spring clean is going to take slightly longer than ‘planned’:   I found old sketches and books that have to be ‘browsed’.    I’m having my ‘coffee break’ just now, then, going out on the bike, for some exercise, before settling down to ‘browse’ the aforementioned ‘stuff’.

 It’s a nice day.... but definitely cooler than yesterday, with the sun disappearing behind clouds fairly often.

21.00    I ended up doing too much browsing and not enough Spring cleaning;   the Hutte will be finished tomorrow.   One of the sketches I found is one that I did of the ‘Muckle Yett’ in South Street.   It was copied from a book that Mr Worthington had:  Ye Gods that’s going back a bit.... to the 70’s.

I did find time to go out on the bike in the afternoon;  only along to Elie then home by way of the Estate, but I met Andrew(Millar) going to check the Toll Green Hall, .... this is the first time I have met him, to talk to, for a long time so I got all his ‘news’.


Janice and Michael (Sussex) get their first ‘jab’ tomorrow so the vaccine roll-out keeps on rollin’.    I know that I have felt ‘safer’ since I had my first ‘jab’;   and we (my age group) should get our second one in a few weeks.

Finishing the Hutte tomorrow will be the main part of tomorrow’s plan;  that and going for the paper.   The weather forecast is good;   sunny with a moderate breeze, so a good day for pottering around Ivy.   It looks like being a a good drying day and I have few towels to wash.   Yes I shall potter around Ivy tomorrow.


Stage 8 ... the final Stage .... of this year’s Tour of Britain (5th to 12th September), will be from Stonehaven to Aberdeen, taking in the Cairn o’ Mount on the 12th of September.   Last year’s race was cancelled.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....