3rd March 2021 (Wednesday)      08.00 .... None of the Fife weather cams show

'Four Winds'.

encouraging pictures this morning.... everywhere is grey.   It’s certainly  not a morning for taking the car to Crail to charge up the battery;  which activity had began to form the seeds of a ‘plan’ last night.   Oh well .... computer, ‘ousework and TV it is.... with a ‘sortie’ out on the bike after morning coffee.

14.30     I’ve been busy:  I took the car to Elie for the paper and the baker then to ‘The Braes’ at Pittenweem for a change of scene.    The Car Park at ‘The Braes’ is still being used by workmen renovating the outdoor swimming pool, so I didn’t hang about;  just took a few photos then went to Elie Harbour before going home to a warm cuppa.

There was a message from Martin letting me know that ‘Four Winds’ is being demolished so, after a quick cuppa, I went up to Chapel Green on the bike to get a few photos of the action at Four Winds.    It was ‘denner’ time, for the Hymac driver doing the demolishing, so......nae action’.   I got a couple of shots just before he stopped so I’m happy;  and it’s too cauld to go out again this afternoon!    Another cuppa is called for.

21.00   Everyone I spoke too today has commented on how cold it was;  and it has been bitterly cold today .... the garden thermometer never got above 4c.    In spite of the cold I have had an enjoyable enough day.... but I’m looking forward to the sun again.    ‘Light cloud with a moderate breeze from the ENE’ tomorrow so the temperature is going to be much as it was today;   I might hibernate for a day.

I am becoming apprehensive about just how busy and overcrowded our wee villages

Concrete slab for new memorial seat.
could be this summer:  I hope it isn’t going to be chaotic..... but somehow I think it might be.  At least the older generation will have had both ‘jabs’ before, then so should be reasonably ‘safe’ from a surge in COVID-19 cases.   I am looking forward to a sunny Spring and Summer, and to having ‘morning coffee’ in ‘arbour ‘ouse;  but not any viral ‘by product’ of a sunny Spring and Summer.   

Must ‘go’ .... slight flap on’:  got bedtime chocolate to make.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....