Breezy ....

 24th October 2020 (Saturday)     08.30 .... There’s a frisky wind (F5),  with


occasional spits and spot o’ rain in it, so not a morning for being out on the bike.   But it’s not 'doom and gloom', the sky is already beginning to brighten towards the West, and should start to break up soon, bringing sunny spells, .... and the wind should moderate, to bring us a quieter afternoon:   
That said, any showers we do get will be squally ones.

18.30     I have been ‘working’ for most of today;  not particularly hard, but steadily;  cleaning out the ‘hole’ left by the removal of the old gas fire.    The ‘hole’ was where the original coal fire was and there was a lot of soot etc that had to be removed;   and I cut away two long out of use water pipes.   The ‘hole’ is respectable looking now having been emptied of rubbish and ‘hoovered.   Not a pleasant job but one with a lot of satisfaction at the end of it.

The 'Ferry Corner'.

I have a piece of plywood, cut to size, to fit over the hole;  that’s tomorrows mission.     After all that work I managed to take ‘time out’ to have a short walk on the beach;  my word it was busy.

The clocks go back tonight to give us lighter mornings;  this suits me as I am a ‘morning person’.   I think I need a cuppa.

20.00     Sunday is going to be a bonnier day;  yes it will be breezy and none too warm, but it should be dry with long sunny spells ....  though there is a ‘low chance of precipitation’.   We might catch the edge of a shower.    I intend wrapping up and going out on the bike... though most of the day I will be ‘working’;  I want to have the hole covered up by the end of the afternoon.   I’ll most likely go for the paper on the bike;  it’s going to be light early!

I was browsing the tele this afternoon and came across a programme , made in the USA;


  it was about a church (Christian?) that had guns (unloaded I imagine)  inside the church as they reckon guns are the ‘rod of iron’ mentioned somewhere in the Bible.    And we’re leaving the history and culture of Europe to join the .... enough said.   A lot of people are due for a rude awakening when Brexit arrives, and we gradually morph into becoming an ‘outpost’ of the United States.

 

 

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....