Wet ....

 

3rd October 2020 (Saturday)    07.00 .... Hmmmmm .... I won’t be biking


along to Elie, the rain is here, and it’s already heavy though it was just ‘Scotch Mist’ an hour ago.    I’ll read the ‘news’ online.    As far as the weather goes the rain is supposed to be with us for most of the day so it’s a computer, and hope to find a decent film on the tele, kind of day.   

Thankfully the tap water is normal, albeit fizzy, so ‘cuppas’ won’t be rationed ..... and I have ‘Flat White’ coffee mix so I don’t really need to go anywhere., but I’d like to go for a quick walk (to the beach) when the rain does slacken off.   Orf to have another cuppa and watch the ‘News’ on the tele.

15.30     Unfortunately the weather forecasters got it right.    In spite of the ‘red sky’ last night, we have had one wet day... and it’s still raining.      I went down to the beach for a wee bit of exercise ;  that was before the rain was as heavy as it is now ....  and  found

Earlsferry High Street.

the beach was surprisingly busy.     I didn’t go onto the beach because I had a brolly  and no stick.  Ten minutes ago I thought I’d go out again but the rain is too heavy.    Apparently it’s worse further north.








18.30      I have spent an interesting afternoon  going through the postcards that I inherited from Jimmy.    They are not ‘local’ to here but are local to a load of other English and Scottish places..... and make interesting reading.     I found one particularly interesting one from a Mum and Dad whose son had enlisted into the Army in 1914.   I am going to try to trace him to see if he survived the The Great War.   There’s a few photographs among the postcards, one of them of a Sergeant in a Scottish Regiment,

taken in 1917, at the Talbot Studios in Leven:   that is local,  so I’ll photograph the photograph and put it up on my FB page.    It’s unlikely anyone will recognise him, (unless there’s a family likeness), even though he does come from this area but it will be worth a ‘try’.

Having seen the weather forecast for tomorrow it looks like we will be rain free by lunch time.   I’m feeling positive and plan to go out on the bike after lunch.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....