Overcast and damp ....

 

22nd October 2020  (Thursday)     08.30 .... It is not the bonniest kind


of 
morning;   the sky is overcast,  and we get spells of light rain now and again, however it is forecast to be better in the afternoon.    The fact that it’s dark in the mornings just now makes it harder to get motivated first thing:  the clocks go back one hour on Sunday morning (BST ends), so the mornings will be lighter an hour earlier.   

 11.30    There was a ‘window of opporchancity’ between showers, so I went for the paper and a had a quick run to the harbour.    I was on the bike so had to keep an eye on the weather;   I got back home just as it was starting to spit rain.    There’s a ‘low chance of precipitation’ all afternoon so it will be a case of keeping my eye on the weather if I do go out on the bike.... which is unlikely because I want to do a bit of writing and once I get absorbed into that... well “I’m gone man, solid gone”.

21.00     The afternoon was a bit of a disappointment really.... and it looks like being a wet evening.... and night.    The rain should clear away during the morning.  I have had a busy afternoon,  having done a wee bit gardening (before it started to drizzle), and a lot of work on the computer.


Tomorrow  is going to be fairly busy; Charlie (gas fitter) is coming to take out the gas fire tomorrow afternoon;  it  will be replaced with an electric fire, that has a log burning look.   I’ll browse the web after this update to see what I can find.;  I know what I have in mind.  

I have just seen the weather forecast, and any overnight rain is forecast to clear away by mid morning so I should manage along to Elie for the paper:  as long as I stay in Ivy, in the afternoon, until Charlie has been.    The blue and brown buckets are on the pavement so I can now make myself a cuppa and find something to have a look at on the tele.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....