Frolicsome mood ....

 

8th October 2020 (Thursday)     08.00 .... Having slept in this morning I feel

Kinneuchar.

refreshed and ready to tackle the garden.... a wee bit of it anyway.    I haven’t been for the paper yet, I think that I will chance going for it later in the morning;  when the air is warmer.     It’s a nice morning and looks like being a really nice day for ‘working’ .... or playing, but there is a cool air.

16.00    There’s a lot of Clematis bits in the broon bucket but it ain’t giving in easily, but this job will be finished  by the next time the broon bucket goes out.   I eventually ‘chanced it’ and went for the paper in the middle of the morning, by way of Ferry Road, Kinneuchar Kirk, Elie Estate, Elie village and finally Chapel Green.    I met Stewart (and assistant) getting the supporting ‘walls’ ready for the re-installing of cattle grids (in this case Roe Deer grids) on the Elie Estate road.   I would have gone to ‘arbour ‘ouse to buy a morning coffee but didn’t have a wallet with me.

Re-installing cattle grids.

The post card albums haven’t been delivered yet (and there was no note through the door indicating that someone had been at the door);  I hope they come tomorrow so that I can get some postcards filed away;    I’ll then have a have a better idea of how many albums will be required for all the cards.   At the moment I’m thinking another seven.

It has been a beautiful day ... a good day for working in fact;  and for going for the paper.   I’ll go for the paper at my usual early time tomorrow;    in anticipation of the delivery van arriving about 11 .00.

21.00    ‘M’ was telling me that New Zealand is back to normal again (for the second

6th green.

time).    New Zealand seems to clobber it fast and hard.  At home, I feel sorry for our publicans who have spent money to make their pubs as safe as they can:  unfortunately they can’t control the ‘punters’.    I think that we’re going to have a long winter.

I’ll potter around Ivy again tomorrow;  after going for the paper at my usual time.   The weather forecast is good.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....