Crane out ....

 

16th October 2020 (Friday)     08.30 .... The big boats are at the side of the

'Crane Out' at Elie.

pier ready to be ‘craned out’ so the crane will be here fairly soon:  I’ve been to Elie for the paper and had a quick look at the harbour before coming back to Ivy for breakfast.... and a cuppa.    It’s a nice morning, sunny spells with a light breeze ... perfect for ‘crane out’.    Slight ‘flap on’ now;  got to have breakfast then get down to the harbour;  
I’m assuming that the crane will arrive between 10.00 and 11.00.....   it's a big tide today (6.1m).

18.00     ‘Crane Out’ went smoothly and the harbour is in winter mode once again.     I went down and got a few photographs of the action, but, although enjoying it, it was too cauld for this ‘boy’ to stay there to the end.    I caught the first two boats (Yachts ‘Defiant and Sun Dance’) being craned out then scampered my way back to Ivy to get the kettle ‘on’.    The ‘Beach Cafe’ was open but guess who didn’t have any money  (or a card) with him? .... yep ‘this boy’.


In the afternoon I continued with dusting and cleaning the top shelf of books;  I’d say that I am now halfway along that shelf.   Once the high one is done things get easier;   hopefully that will be tomorrow.   I like books but it does take a while to dust and clean them, and their shelves.



20.30    The villages appeared awfie busy today .... but then I was down at the harbour in the middle of the day, something I very rarely do;   it’s just too busy for me.    I’m normally down there between 07.00 and 08.00.   Things will be back to normal from tomorrow;  the next time I’m down there in the middle of the day will be at ‘crane in’ next year.

Tomorrow’s weather for KY 9 looks like being a repeat of today’s, but with  thicker cloud, so less chance of sunny spells.    We had a couple of  ‘nearly sunny spells’ today but nothing to get excited about.    It looks like I’ll be going for the paper and down to the


harbour early in the morning, then working on the bookshelves and postcards for the remainder of the day.

Right now I’m away to put the kettle 'on', then find something to watch on the tele, for an hour or so before going to bed with my book.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....