Dreich from mid morning ....

 

29th October 2020 (Thursday)     13.30 .... Those of out early certainly got


the best of the day so far;   it began to rain about 10.15 (in Anstruther) just when I came out of ‘The Store’ .... in time to get wet putting the messages into the boot.    I’d made late decision to go to Anstruther and do a shopping before starting to ‘work’.   It has been a dreich day ever since;  but the sky is beginning to show signs of turning lighter.   Tomorrow is going to be the good day this week.


6.00    My goodness it has been a bleak afternoon;  I must have been hallucinatin’ when I thought the sky was getting lighter.    The weather may have been cr .... awful, but I have had a busy day.  Having filled and sanded where necessary, the fireplace is ready for painting.... after the sealing coat of oil paint is hard, so that I can coat it with the emulsion.   I should get that done first thing tomorrow morning;  in fact the fireplace will be ready for the new fire by the end of tomorrow.


19.00    Tomorrow is going to be a ‘good drying day’;   there’s going to be sunshine tomorrow... the sun cream has been unearthed.    It has been dreich for most of the day .... after the wind backed to the East and brought stuff in from the North Sea.   The wind is already veering to the West again, and there’s going to be a drying wind tomorrow.  The washing machine is going on this evening, and the washing out on the line first thing in the morning.    I should get out on the bike tomorrow afternoon; and ....  if it is really bonnie I’ll make for Balcarres.    I must remember to charge the bike battery after I’ve been for the paper.




I see that, in the new 5 level tier system (0 – 4), Fife is in Level 2, which doesn’t make much difference to my situation, being in a bubble of my own, and unlikely to visit a pub.    We can have coffee outside someone else’s house, but not inside,....  if I have read


the ‘rools’ correctly.   It’s going to be tricky managing Remembrance Day gatherings at War Memorials this year, test and trace ‘rools’ in operation.   I shall be watching it on the tele .... that makes it easier;  and safer.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....