Damp after overnight rain ....

 

20th October 2020 (Tuesday) ....There’s been a lot of overnight rain but it’s


nearly fair just now, and sunny spells are forecast for the middle of the day..... followed by more rain.   The wind has gone to the East again.   I’ll take advantage of the sunny spells and go out on the bike then;   before that I'll finish putting the books back on the  shelves. That will be a big job done.    

09.00     I decided to have a quick trip along to ‘The Store’ for some weekly shopping;  this is the best time for older folk to do their shopping.    I got everything that I wanted and will now have breakfast and a cuppa.    Oh .... it’s raining just now but the sky is beginning to clear so I will get out later;  'ever so slight flap on' .... I want to get the 'work' (books) done before going out to play.


19.00   The rain was there, first thing, went away and came back again, ‘iggzactly’ as per forecast.    I went out on the bike, in the long sunny spell in the middle of the day;  it was really pleasant, sunny and warm in fact, with very little wind.   I only went as far as Chapel Green then up to the ‘Pony Field’.... actually I wish now that I’d taken a flask of coffee with me;  it was that kind of day..... and,  I was feeling content after getting the books sorted and back on the shelves.   I’ll take a photo tomorrow once I get the postcard albums, ‘stood staunin’ on their shelf.

Tomorrow looks like being the best day of the week so I’m going to do a washing and get it out first thing, then bike along for the paper and a visit to the harbour.   

 20.30    Tomorrow I will have a day ‘off’,  and, if the weather is good get the washing

2nd tee.
out then have a day outside, either pottering around in the garden or out somewhere, in the sunshine.    I took a photo of the beach today (from Chapel Green) and you can see ‘family bubbles’, and the odd single ‘bubble, strolling along, social distancing and enjoying the sun.  I can’t say that I greatly enjoy being a ‘single’ bubble, but it is for the best, and I do meet and talk to loads of people.

I’m tired tonight but I have had a fairly active day;   I’ll make a cuppa then find something to watch on the tele.   Diana (Gillies) was telling me that ‘Autumn Watch’ is coming to Fife starting on 27th October.    The will be filming seals on May Island, and the wildlife around Tentsmuir Forest.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....