Gorgeous morning ....

 

5th October 2020 (Monday)    10.30 .... we had a lot of rain overnight and the


usual puddles are looking good this morning;  but forget the puddles.... we have a glorious morrrrrrrning with lots of magnificent clouds around, some of which can bring a short but heavy shower over us.   I got caught in one up at Chapel Green.     I’m thinking it’s ‘morning coffee’ time.

18.30     I’ve had a busy day;  a mix of working on the computer, some ‘ousework (not much) and a bit of ‘play’.     I chanced a run up to Chapel Green on the bike and got caught by a heavy shower (the bike can stand  a shower but not prolonged wet).  I dried  the bike and it is fine;  I then changed my wet things and had another shower.   I feel clean.    When I think about it;   I haven’t looked at the photographs I went up to Chapel Green to get.    Later in the day I went up to Balcarres (in the car) for a change of scenery, but it was spitting rain so I didn’t do the Woodland walk.  


This morning I got a phone call from gas, and electricity company  asking me to read the meters.   I couldn’t do it at that time but  arranged to be available, with the readings at 14.00.   Bang on 14.00 the phone rang and I delivered the readings.    Now I’m wonder what has happened to all the meter readers, who used to come round every so often .... about once a year.   I imagine they are ‘unemployed’ now that the furlough has ended, and we are reading our own meters.   It’s a sad world we are living in.

21.30     What exciting things will I do tomorrow?    I suppose I could go somewhere different in the car but that’s not getting much in the way of exercise.   The forecast is ‘good’ though there’s a ‘chance of precipitation’  in the first part of the morning, with sunny spells in the afternoon.    I might cut back the Clematis (if it’s dry), it has been like
a wild thing this year;  the more I cut it back the faster it grows.   

I am enjoying working with the postcards but that’s really a wet day job:  it is absolutely fascinating browsing them.   I’m hoping the albums come sometime this week..... so that can find out if they are suitable.   

 


21.30     What exciting things will I do tomorrow?    I suppose I could go somewhere different in the car but that’s not getting much in the way of exercise.   The forecast is ‘good’ though there’s a ‘chance of precipitation’  in the first part of the morning, with sunny spells in the afternoon.    I might cut back the Clematis (if it’s dry), it has been like a wild thing this year;  the more I cut it back the faster it grows.   I’m enjoying working with the postcards but that’s really a wet day job:  it is absolutely fascinating browsing them.   I’m hoping the albums come sometime this week..... so that can find out if they are suitable.   

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....