Nice morning ....

 

15th October 2020 (Thursday)     08.30 ....As forecast the sky is overcast,

'Annie Laurie' having a sail before 'crane out'.

but there are blue bits beginning to appear, so we might get a few sunny spells;   it’s a nice  morning for going for the paper, on the bike:    I’ll go in mid morning, by which time I’m hoping the temperature
should be a wee bit higher, though it’s never going to be very high..... always below where it should be at this time of year.    Funny that;   most of our (Scottish) summer the temperature has been below average, while the rest of the planet (including ‘Sunny Sussex’) has been  experiencing global warming.     I’d better have another cuppa .

16.30     We nearly had a sunny spell, but it has been ‘grey day’ most of the time.   I biked along, for the paper, at 11.00 and was surprised to see how busy the village was with car.;  then again it is half term and that explains the cars.     I contemplated going to the harbour but decided that it would be too cold down there, for my delicate phizog, and went to Chapel Green instead, stopping at the Breakwater on the way.


Chapel Green was busy, as was the beach, in spite of the chilly wind:   everyone was well wrapped up.... lust like ‘The Boy’.      By the time I got back to Ivy I was well ready for a ‘lite bite’ lunch and a warming cuppa.

The five postcard albums I ordered the other day are being delivered this afternoon.... within the next hour and a half in fact.   I have cleared a space, on one of the lobby bookshelves for the albums;    and plan to keep at it, dusting all the books on the two shelves, over the next couple of days;  the weather forecast isn’t that exciting.   I want to get the PC's into out of the boxes so that I can browse them at any time.

20.30     The postcard albums were delivered at 17.00 so I now have 8;  that should take

Apples that the blackbird left untouched!

care of a lot of the cards.   A single album holds 100 cards that have been through the mail system, (you want to see both sides)... or 200 without stamps.    Must go .... ‘slight flap on’ .... I need another cuppa.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....