Wet and cold ....

 13th October 2020 (Tuesday)      08.00 .... ‘Light rain with a fresh wind’ is

Cadger's Wynd, Earlsferry.

the forecast and that is what we have, but \already we have ‘raggedy bloo’ patches beginning to appear so the rain should clear away tp0 shower by the middle of the day.    The ‘fresh wind’, and it is fresh, is from the Northeast so it’s not warm.

I’m feeling good this morning after a really good night’s sleep;  the funny thing was that I didn’t feel at all sleepy last night..... in fact I had the urge to do something.   In the end I found something to watch on the tele.... Guy Martin, organising the building of a replica Mk IV tank, as used in the Great War, with great success at the battle of Cambrai (the Gordon Highlanders earned battle honours at Cambrai).   Guy, and a chosen crew of experts, drove the replica  Mk IV, on the actual site of the battle on Armistice Day, one hundred years later.   It, the Mk IV replica, is now on display at the Norfolk Tank Museum.    The programme finished at midnight;  it is  a long time since I watched anything on the tele until that time.    I’m normally in bed before 22.00.


14.00    We had few blustery showers this morning but I did manage a daunder to the beach in between showers;  as had a lot of others.    The sky was looking great, with loads of threatening clouds, so I had to keep an eye on the clouds;  that was easy for me ‘cos I like clouds.    I made it back to Ivy just as a shower (that I had been keeping an eye on) came in.   There are still showers around, and it isn’t ‘iggzactly’ warm, but wrap up well .... and enjoy the clouds (in between the showers).


21.30     I have had a lazy afternoon;  the sleepiness caught up with me .... I fell asleep watching a film.   Mind you I did have (for me) a late night last night.   It will be an early night in bed for me tonight.    Tomorrow is forecast to be drier with more sunny spells, and slightly less breezy, but still cold.    I might get out on the bike tomorrow.

The politicians (and their friends) must have got shares in the smoke alarm companies; 

Swimmer after their mornin dip.

I had a leaflet through the door telling me about the new smoke alarm ‘rools’... that have to be complied with by February 2121.   Ivy cottage will have ‘wifi’ ones fitted as required.... but that ‘rool’ seemed to creep up on us out of the blue.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....