Bright and breezy .... (so is the weather)

 

30th October 2020 (Friday)     09.00 .... it’s a beautiful, bright and breezy

Elie Kirk.

morning.... and it’s isn’t that cold.   The wind factoring a in a bit of wind chill spoils it a wee bit.    I’ve been for the paper, and checked out the harbour etc...... all is well and looking good.   ‘Today’ is the good day for this week so we’d better make the best of it.

My ‘plan’ is to do the painting, then go out on the bike after lunch.     Both the bike and camera batteries are being charged right now.   And the phone.    The plan is to make for Balcarres;  depending on how I get on work the ‘work’ of course.

18.30     I set off to go to Balcarres in the afternoon, but got as far as Kinneuchar then changed my ‘plan’;    I’d forgotten that the clocks changed last weekend and it now gets dark an hour earlier .... and the sun wasn’t shining on Balcarres at the time anyway.   On the way home I noticed that the sun had finally hit Balcarres so I did get a few photos.   


I went back to Ivy, put the kettle on, then went up to Chapel Green and had myself a seat with ‘The Boss’.   It wasn’t that warm in the afternoon.... the wind was much softer first thing this morning... and I was glad to get back home and a cuppa.

The fireplace has had its first coat of paint;  the second (and last) coat will be done tomorrow morning.    I’ll then think about ordering a fire.   

20.30   The moon is looking good tonight (full moon tomorrow) so I have had a go at taking some photos, though I rarely take the full moon at night.   It’s a bonnie night,  just now, but that is all supposed to change by morning when it’s going to be wet and windy;  the afternoon is going to be less wet but still windy.... a good day for doing stuff inside.   It will be a computer day for me, after I’ve done the painting.   When I think about it, if I


get the painting done first thing, I should get the living room back to normal;  the fire that I intend getting doesn’t require any fitting, so there’s nae mess involved.   Yes I’m thinking that tomorrow could be a busy and rewarding day in spite of the rain.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....