Gorgeous morrrrrrrning ....

 

2nd October 2020 (Friday)     15.30 .... We have an absolutely gorgeous day

Elie Estate road.

here;  which is why I am late with ‘The Hutte’ update.    I started my day by going for the paper, then checking the harbour, and Elie Estate.   While doing that I managed to take 183 photographs (I have since ‘dumped’ seven7);  spoken to a lassie (from Wishaw who was out walking her dog) at the harbour.    She hadn’t walked from Wishaw, she’s here on holiday.    I could easily have doubled the number of photos I took.... it was that kind of morning.    I got back to ‘Ivy’ two and a bit hours after I left get the paper.... hungry and well ready for a cuppa.

By the time I’d sorted out the photos it was nigh on lunch time.    By this time there was  marked decrease in the water pressure and the water was a pale yellow colour.   I went onto the ‘Scottish Water’ website and discovered that Elie and St Monans (and


Earlsferry) are having problems but they are on the job and are going to update us at 15.00.    I’ll just check to see if that has been done!    No .... it hasn’t been updated yet;  they are  at the ‘Investigating' stage.

18.30      The water is still ‘off’;   apparently a third party contractor broke the water main and Scottish Water are having to replace a length of it.   It should all be back to normal tomorrow morning.    I saved a few jugs of water for numerous cuppas.  

I went up to Chapel Green in the afternoon to check that ‘all is well and where it should be’.    It is.    Back at Ivy I had a cuppa, then battened the hatches in readiness for tomorrows weather.    Tomorrow looks like being a "computer, making apple crumble, and pottering around in Ivy" day.

22.00     The ‘plan’ is to get up early and bike along for the paper;  the rain mentioned in

West end of the Ferry High Street.

the weather forecast isn’t suppose to get serious until 09.05.... with the heaviest rain coming in about  midday.   

I’ve had a really enjoyable day ....which included watching Susan Calman exploring some of Fife’s hidden gems on Channel 5.   The one place she visited in the East Neuk was Elie, where she played ‘cricket on the beach’.    I have been watching her programme for the past few weeks....  ‘Secret Scotland’ it’s called.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....