Nice day after a dull start.... ....

 

6th October 2020 (Tuesday)    09.00 .... There’s been some overnight rain, but,

The 'March Stane'.

the sky is beginning to break up, so the sunny spells mentioned in the forecast should start happening soon;   and my breathing is easier this morning.... so there must be a change of wind direction.    No ‘plan’ for today;  I had thought of going to ‘The Store’ (Anstruther) but decided to leave that until tomorrow or Thursday.    Thinking of doing some ‘ousework.

17.30     Thinking of doing some ‘ousework? .... I ended up spending about 4 hours doing ‘ousework!     I went crazy with the ‘oover, then decided to wash the bathroom, kitchen and front lobby floors.   I did take time out to go to the beach in the morrrrrrrning.... had a quiet rest in The Hutte in the middle of the afternoon, then went to the beach late in the afternoon.   In among that I did a small ironing and some work on the computer.     I’m a slightly tired, but also content, boy tonight.   It will be a restful TV evening.... if I can find something worth watching.

Lot of bonnie clouds today again.

20.30     The postcard albums I ordered have been despatched,  but I can’t track the parcel.   It says ‘parcel delivery’ so I’m hoping it’s Royal Mail... otherwise I’ll have to stay around Ivy until the parcel is delivered.   I have a rough idea when the ‘postie’ delivers.   If it’s DPD or some other delivery firm I may get an e-mail with a delivery time.    I think I’ll end up with at least six albums eventually.

It has been a good day today:  the weather has been good and I have been productive.   Tomorrow I’ll clear a space on one of the bookshelves for the postcard albums.    What will I do with the books?..... they will probably end up in the attic, which is where the post cards were going to go, until I really looked at them.

Tomorrow looks like being a really bonnie day.    I might finish cutting back the Clematis

The 'sooth side' this afternoon.

as there’s no mention of rain in the forecast so it will be dry.  

‘Balvonie’ (next door to the North) has been sold already so I’ll have new neighbours next door.    This will be the fifth owner of Balvonie (Selina Villa as it was when ‘Jock’ Dunsire and family were in it).   Ye Gods I’m beginning to feel auld. 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....