Warm and damp ....

 

19th October 2020 (Monday)      08.30 .... it is raining but not heavily ..... but


wet just the same.    I’ve been for the paper (in the car), now I am ready for  a day of action.    I am wondering if I ought to chance a short walk on the beach before the rain gets heavier .... as is forecast.   Right now it would almost qualify to be ‘fair’;   by normal Scottish standards of rain intensity.... and it is warm.

09.30   Even on a grey morning, with spits and spots of rain in the breeze, a walk on the beach always motivates me;  I saw photographs all around me and I clicked 56 times before I had to put the camera in its bag because the spits and spots were  closer together.   I’m happy .... and well ready to tackle the ‘work plan’ for today.    I have loads of photographs to ‘play’ with when I’m having a 'tea break'.   The kettle is 'on'!


16.00    I’ve been busy;  now I’m thinking, that  a couple of sunny spells would be handy for a wee break to the beach.    Big progress has been made with the books but I have some to get rid of.    Normally I’d take them to the re-cycling book place at Pittenweem ‘Dump’ but that’s a complicated process nowadays;  which means that they might well  end up in the waste paper bin.   I do not like throwing away books.... so they have a better chance of going back on the shelf!   This is going to be a long job for me;  I keep being diverted, and end up looking through a book when having ‘another’ cuppa:    the latest one being ‘Old Uckfield’.   Orf to put the kettle ‘on’..... again.    And there's the photographs to 'play' with!

17.00    Due to the shelves being wet since I washed them, I am having a break.    Did you know... well you most like wouldn’t, because this is an Uckfield 1911 fact;   in 1911 an aeroplane landed in a field near Uckfield, the pilot wanted to check how much petrol he had in the tank (petrol gauges hadn’t been invented).   His friend, who was bumbling along a couple of miles behind him in his ‘plane’, saw him in the field and came down to see what was wrong (radio’s were in their infancy).   They stayed the night and took off the next morning.    The ‘planes’ were of the ‘glorified kites’ kind.   Those guys were at the very start of ‘flying’;  when you think of the advancement of aviation since then the mind boggles.   Did you know? .... no, I won’t bore you with any more ‘istorical Uckfield information.    I’m orf to polish the shelves.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....