Bright and breezy ....

 

28th October 2020 (Wednesday)     09.00 .... It’s a bonnie morning, albeit


cauld because there is a brisk South-Westerly breeze;   but we also had a gorgeous sunrise sky.   It was really cold on the beach .... so I went down to the harbour and sheltered in the lee of the Beach Cafe.    Yes I had an enjoyable ‘paper run’;  now I’d better think about doing some work now that I have the materials to finish the job.    Today I intend making a small shelf;  a sort of subsidiary mantel shelf.   You will see what I’ mean when I take a photo of the finished fireplace .... with the new fire in situ.




7.30    I have been busy.... the fireplace shelf etc. has been fitted and everything primed ready to be filled where required, sanded then given a couple of coats of ‘Exterior Quality Satin’, water based paint (emulsion).   The primer may have dried enough for me to do the Polyfilla tonight.   The primer had to be oil based (slow drying) so that the screw heads don’t rust when you apply the emulsion.   I’m happy with today’s effort.    Tomorrow should be easier and I hope to get out for a decent run, on the bike.
Late afternoon.





The service at Kinneuchar Kirk on Sunday (25th) was the first one by our new Minister Rev. Douglas Ross Creighton.     The service lasts for 49 minutes;  it’s good to have our own Minister at long last.   Strangely enough this ‘remote’ service may be the way forward for me.... at least until we get a vaccine.   I’ve been visiting Jimmy Braid’s church at Walton on the Hill most Sundays.


19.00     Having had a look at the weather forecast for tomorrow, I can see that’s it is doubtful if I will get a ‘decent run’ on the bike.    The weather should be dry first thing in the morning;  perfect for the ‘paper run’.   After that rain is forecast to bumble our way;   if it does rain I should get the fireplace finished.  

I had a short walk to the beach late in the afternoon;  at sunset time in fact.   I was


pleasantly surprised to find the beach busy.   I didn’t actually go down onto the beach so I never got talking to anyone.   Luckily I’d been talking to Pat and Dora (dog) in the morning.

I’m orf to see what I can find to watch on the tele.... and I’ll do the filling at the same time (when the adverts are on).   I imagine that, after Brexit the adverts will be even more numerous, and longer, than they are now.  


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....