Wet morning ....

 

1st October 2020 (Thursday)     08.00 .... even a duck wouldn’t want to go for


a walk this morning;  it is raining, and the sky does not look promising.   I won’t be going to the beach.   The forecast for KY9? ..... “light rain showers with a moderate breeze” for most of the day. 

15.30    The rain gradually petered out by the time I got to the Pavilion to have morning coffee with Jean and Jim.... in fact we were able to sit outside, where we had a really enjoyable catch up chat.   By the time I got back to Ivy the sun had broken through, so I went to the beach for a walk., while my lunch was heating up in the oven.   There was a nice sky after the rain so I left the beach with some bonnie photos.... and well ready for food.    I was thinking of going out on the bike but the sky is clouding over again so I’ll leave the biking until tomorrow.... which is forecast to be a bonnie day.


18.30    This has been a rest day for me;  oh.... I’ve done wee bits and pieces around the house but nothing to tiring.      Although I have enjoyed ‘today’ I intend being more energetic tomorrow;  for a start the weather is going to be better.    Hey... it should be a good drying day;  I must take advantage of that.

21.00     I see that Fife is about the middle of the chart with new cases of COVID-19;   that means social distancing still matters, especially now that we’re coming into the flu season.     Locally we don’t have a problem with social distancing.... everybody ‘keeps their distance’.   The Pav was perfect this morning.... we were outside, but there were tables inside and they were well spaced out.    The problem for me is that I am a ‘bubble of one’ so don’t want to take a table up all to myself;  this morning we had three at the table .... two ‘bubbles’;   Jean and Jim in one and me in the other.   That worked perfectly because,  Jean and Jim could sit as a normal couple while I sat two metres away on the


other side of the table.    I think the ‘rools’ allow for one metre distancing in restaurants etc.

Plan for ‘ra morra’?    Get up earlier than I did this morning (it was raining), .... bike along to Elie for the papers, and to check out the harbour etc.  Charge the bike up and have breakfast, play with any photographs I took at Elie, then go out on the bike once the battery is fully charged.   Yes .... that’s a good ‘plan’.   

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....