Grey and wet ....

 

23rd October 2020 (Friday)       09.00 .... The rain is going to leave us by


 midday, with an afternoon of sunny spells to follow.    At the moment it isn’t very pleasant;   I took the car along to Elie for the paper, but I might get out on the bike later in the afternoon .... after Charlie has been.

21.00    The gas fire has gone...but only as far as the garden .... ready to go the re-cycling Depot.    I will try to dismantle it to as small bits as possible and it may then fit into the ‘bloo’ bucket.   Apparently we still have to book a time to go to the re-cycling Depot so I’m hoping that the ‘bucket’ alternative can be achieved.    The next plan is to organise a bit of plywood, to cover the hole where the back plate of the gas fire was, then paint it and the hearth.     I then need to order a new electric fire to stand on the hearth.  


After Charlie had gone orf to his next job I had a cuppa, then cleaned out some of the soot etc that had fallen from the lum:   before getting the bike out and going up to Chapel Green .... by this time is was quarter to four.   There was a water boiler attached to the fire and some water came out of that when Charlie removed it, but not much and it is near enough dry already.    I’ll finish the cleaning out tomorrow morning and cut the plywood to size.  That more or less will take care of ‘tomorrow’ morning.

‘Strong winds and light rain showers’ are forecast for tomorrow so it will be a good day for working inside.    Emily and John have arranged to set up Skype with me in the afternoon;   I’m looking forward to that, as Emily has Skype on her phone so I can be shown round the garden etc .... oh ... they live in Somerset in a wee village called Stocklinch.

I’m kinda thinking that we might wake up to light rain, first thing in the morning, with

the sunny spells breaking through by ‘morning coffee’ time.   We had a fairly dreich morning today;  but the afternoon was beautiful ..... with some crackers of clouds.    It looks like that may be the formula for tomorrow too.

I’m orf to make a cuppa and find something to watch on the tele before crawling orf to bed to read my book.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....