Bonnie morrrrrrning ....

 

4th October 2020 (Sunday)     08.30 .... It’s a bonnie morning with an


interesting sky ....  also spits and spots of rain.    When I first looked out (at 05.30) it was raining heavily, by 06.45 (and my second cuppa) the rain had near enough stopped so I grabbed the camera and went to the beach.   After 24 hours of continuous rain it was good to be almost ‘rain free’.    I’m looking for the sun to eventually break through so that I can get out on the bike after lunch.  


18.00    Everything has gone to ‘plan’ today;  the weather cleared up to a lovely sunny day (the only spoiler being the wind direction).... I snapped my way ‘roond the villages’, ending up with a comfortable number of photos to ‘play’ with and met a few folks to have chat with.     Yes;   I have had a very satisfying day.

1934 souvenir.

I continued sorting out the post cards I got from Jimmy, and have decided that I must order a few postcard albums to keep them in;   there will be about a thousand postcards ... aye... perhaps more.   What I have is a fantastical stamp collection mounted on period postcards, dating from the beginning of the last century through to the 1990’s.   It’s all very interesting.

Some of you may remember that I was researching the Dunsire family who lived next door to Ivy in ‘Balvonie, though it was ’Selina Villa’ when the Dunsire family lived in it.    When browsing through a box of mixed postcards I found a memento, sent by the two Dunsire sisters (Chrissie and Margaret), to their sister at home in Earlsferry.    It’s a mini mail bag with 12 photos of Sydney… a neat little souvenir.    Oh …. ‘Balvonie’ is ‘on the market’ so I’ll be getting a new neighbour.

22.00     When I began sorting out my postcards yesterday, the original intention was to

Sydney souvenir circa 1934.

browse through them then put them up into the attic.    That plan has been changed and I have ordered three albums (that I mentioned above) which should be here by the end of the week.   If they (the albums) are suitable, and I don’t see why they shouldn’t be, I’ll eventually order the number that I need to take care of the whole collection.

‘Light rain showers and a gentle breeze’ is our weather forecast for tomorrow;    I’m thinking we should get out ‘to play’ …. er …. out for some exercise at some point.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....