Quiet morning ....

 

18th October 2020 (Sunday)      08.00 .... it’s 8c on the garden thermometer


.... the same as it was yesterday morning but, there’s nae wind this  morning so it feels warmer;   however it’s overcast.    Sunny spells? .... yes we might have a few of those later, but they are usually ’there’ and not ‘here’, as far as I am concerned.

When the villages were empty I would weave along the road to Elie on the bike, avoiding all the bumps and hollows (and there’s a lot of those), and even now, early in the morning I tend to think that the road is all mine, and wind my way along, but of course the villages are back to normal with cars, and I’m slowly getting used to that, but, ...’lockdown’ was a nuisance but it did give us quiet roads!     Yes .... things are definitely back to ‘old normal’.


20.00     I’ve had a busy day sorting out the books and shelves;  however I did manage to go for the paper later in the morning..... going up to Kinneuchar then home by way of the estate.    I finally arrived at the ‘paper shop’, but there was a queue so I didn’t bother getting the paper.    Instead, I clicked my way home by way of The Terrace,  the Breakwater and finally Chapel Green.    The villages are really busy so I never went out in the afternoon..... choosing  instead to get on with the book dusting etc.     The weather forecast isn’t good for tomorrow so I should finish the books;  already I have a space for the postcard albums.    I’ll take a photo once I have the albums filled and on their shelf.   Actually I think I may need to buy another three albums; but  I’ll know the ‘state of play’ once the all albums I have are full.

The plan for tomorrow is ....well;  there’s a yellow warning for heavy rain for Fife

The Terrace - Elie.
tomorrow right through until 09.00 on Tuesday so it definitely looks like I’ll get the shelves finished.    I certainly won’t be  going ‘out to play’ on the bike.    I might have a bumble out in the car for a change of ‘scenery’ but even that depends on how heavy, the ‘heavy rain’ turns out to be.

I’m going to have a shower (dusting books is a dusty job) then I’ll find something to watch on the tele;  I think there is something on at 20.00 that I fancied watching.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....