Warmer .....

 

14th October 2020 (Wednesday)   08.30 .....the wind is still coming from the

20 minutes after sunrise.

easterly direction but is isn’t as cold as it was yesterday .... there’s less North in it.    We did have red sky in the morning, at sunrise time, (it was spitting rain at the time so I didn’t go to the beach to catch the sunrise) but I did catch the 'tail end' of it from the front gate;  not a good omen;   I don’t agree with it because I want to get out on the bike.... and there is a good chance of decent sunny spells in the afternoon.

21.30    Although never a really bonnie day, the sky did clear a bit and it turned quite pleasant:   pleasant enough for me to go out on the bike later in the afternoon.     I only went as far as Chapel Green but it was good to get out again.    I was ‘day dreaming, on  seats overlooking the cliffs, when Elizabeth and Graham came round,  out for their afternoon walk.    I enjoyed their company, and chatting to them.   Conversation is what I miss most:   a good old Maggie ‘lug nipper’ ...one that would have me wondering what I’d done wrong ....  would be welcome at times.

10th fairway.

I made another batch of apple crumble for the freezer today .... that’s about the only ‘work’ I have done.     I spent a lot of time on the computer, finally ordering another five albums for postcards.   Progress is being made with that mission .... but it will be a long job.... probably all winter.    I want to get them out of boxes and into albums so that I can browse them at my leisure, first, then,  I might sort them out into categories of some kind.

The bike battery has been charged so I want a bonnie day tomorrow;  ‘light cloud and a light breeze’ is the forecast.... there’s no mention of rain.... or showers;  not even sunny spells!    It looks like tomorrow is going to be ‘overcast but dry’.   I hope to bike along for the paper in the morning.

‘M’ was telling me (tonight on Skype) that she has to sign in to every shop, club,


restaurant etc that she visits.... even her ‘paper paper’ shop requires a signature every mornin:  which might explain why New Zealand is more or less back to normal.  They do have a smaller population than Scotland .... but not much.

This has been the ‘best’ flu jab that I have ever had;   I have had hardly any reaction.... apart from being sleepy last night.   I’ll have another early night in bed tonight and should be back to normal tomorrow.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....