Thundery showers forecast ....

 

11th August 2020 (Tuesday)    08.30 .... it isn’t raining but I went for the paper

in the car .... to turn its wheels.   Heavy showers are forecast for today and by the look of the sky just now they aren’t far away.   When I got back home I went for a short walk on the beach.    I’m doubting if I’ll get out on the bike today, but .... well showers are hit or miss events and we might get lucky, and they miss us.... and... you never know,we may get a few sunny spells later.  

  

18.30     The showers missed us and we had a nice enough afternoon.   The sun broke through just after lunchtime and I thought of going out on the bike but remembered that I had a Tesco delivery coming between 15.00. and 16.00.   (It arrived at 15.15.)     I insert a ‘surprise’ goodie’ into the  Tesco order  and forget what it was (it could be any one of various goodies).... today it Tunnock’s Tea Cakes..... 106 calories per cake!      I went up to Chapel Green after the delivery, but by that time it had turned colder and there was an ominous look to the sky towards Crail, so I didn’t go any further.     As it was the rain never reached us.     The yellow warning of ‘thundery showers’  for KY9 continues through until  midnight tomorrow (Wednesday).   Let’s hope they miss us again.

21.00    We have caught the edge of a heavy shower but so far no thunder.   There are storms to the south of the Firth (over the Lammermuirs moving towards Edinburgh) and to the West of us in the Burntisland/Kirkcaldy/ Glenrothes area.   The threat of thundery showers is to be with us overnight and into tomorrow morning.  The air should be pollen free tomorrow.

I don’t have to stay in for tomorrow so I am hoping to get out on the bike at some point.... but that depends on the weather.    Meanwhile in ‘Sunny Sussex’ (and the south-east) it’s just a little bit too sunny;  they are in the middle of a heat wave.   I couldn’t cope with that now;   Imagine trying to sleep when the temperature is 25c.   I heard a rumble just now so I’d better switch off the computer;  that strike was in the middle of the Firth so the storm is getting closer.    There’s another flash of lightning.... must go ‘slight flap on’ now.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....