Peaceful morning .....

 

31st August 2020 (Monday)   06.30 ....The last day of August looks


like being a bonnie one though not as warm as it should be.... it’s a peaceful morning with only a smirr of a breeze from the Southeast;   a good morning for getting things done.   I think a short pruning session around the garden will be my 'work' thing for today.

10.30    It took an hour and a half to get the paper this morning;  it’s a cracker of a mornin’ for being out with a camera.    I went out to the lighthouse then home via the estate.... it was fantastical.    I’ll go up to Chapel Green once the bike battery is charged up;  might make a sandwich and have a picnic lunch up there.

'The Terrace' - Elie.

15.00     It was so warm  hot having my picnic at Chapel Green that I ended up having a mild attack of ‘the mauchless’;  but I enjoyed my lunch.    Chapel Green was busy as was the beach
..... it was 20c on the garden thermometer when I got back home to Ivy, which explains why everybody was out enjoying the sun.    This is how warm it should be in August.     The sky has clouded over since then but rain isn’t mentioned in the forecast.

I’m having a short break from watching ‘le Tour’;  they’re  into the last 60 kilometres, and starting one of the short climbs on today’s Stage, so reaching the exciting part of the race.  

 21.00    It has been a lovely day, in spite of clouding over in the afternoon.   I fed and the cactus’s, and did a wee bit of ‘intermittent’ work in the garden when the Tour was ‘on’.   It will be more of the same for me tomorrow;   Stage 4 is from Sisteron – Orcieres-Merlette, a distance of 160.5 kilometres, classed as ‘hilly’, finishing with the climb up to Orcieres-Merlette.   I will be tired tomorrow night.


Tomorrow’s weather looks like being a repeat of today’s .... sunny spells in the morning then cloudier in the afternoon;   another good day for me to ‘play’ in the morning, then watch the race and do some stuff in the garden in the afternoon.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....