Lotus spread ....

 

27th August 2020 (Thursday)     07.00 .... It’s mostly overcast but at least it’s dry, just now, and the


forecast is for sunny spells by mid morning, so it looks like being a brighter day than yesterday.   I am feeling brighter after a good night’s rest, and look forward to getting out on the bike at some point later today.   I’m going to send in a Tesco order this morning.... not that I need much but it keeps the cupboards ‘topped up’.
 

  09.00     I’m well ready for ‘morning coffee’ now, having done the Tesco order (delivery Sunday afternoon) and been at The Store or a quick top up of vital things.   This leaves the next few days free for ‘play’ and working around Ivy, (not in the attic).    I ran through a light shower off rain on the way to Anstruther so showers are around....in fact it looks fairly threatening just now.  I may get out after lunch time.

15.00   Of all the books written about life and death in the trenches in WW1, “All Quiet on the Western Front” by Erich Maria Remarque, has to be at the top.   Erich Maria Remarque, a German infantry soldier,  tells the horrors of WW1 as it was from a personal perspective, completely lacking in pro- German propaganda (which didn’t please the Nazis), and described life (and death) at the Front for combatants, on both sides of the wire, as they struggled to do the bidding of their political, and military masters.   ‘Auntie Jean’ (headmistress at Dunecht School) gave me a copy of the book when I was 17 years old;   I still have that book.   The book was made into a film in 1930 and again in 1979.   I watched the 1979 version today.

The beach this afternoon.

18.00    It has been a disappointing as far as the weather went;  there was always the threat of, and spells of, light rain.   I didn’t get the bike out but did go to the beach for a short walk.    Alan (‘arbour ‘ouse) was saying that I’ll need to get the sun cream out tomorrow:   I’m looking forward to that.

You will all know of those little Lotus biscuits that you get with you mug of coffee .... well the Lotus Company (or whoever it is that makes them now) has produced a ‘Lotus Spread’ .... and this spread, spread on digestive (or other plain biscuits)  is absolutely scrumptious.     I found it when I was browsing the ‘vitally needed aisle’ in the Store.   I am not on a diet.

21.00    I’ve enjoyed ‘today’ in spite of the dull weather;  for me it has been a mix of retail therapy, television and the computer, with a short walk in the afternoon.   The forecast for tomorrow is better, with Saturday  and Sunday being almost normal for this time of year.    I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow but I think I should get the bike out at some time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....