Anniversary .....

 

18th August 2020 (Tuesday)     07.00 .... It is eleven years ago today since 

Elie School 1951 - Maggie second row down right hand end.
Maggie died;  it was with a lot of help from my family and friends that  I managed to come to terms with the trauma of that sad day, and now live a meaningful life.   As is my norm on this anniversary I plan to go and have morning coffee with ‘the Boss’,  then go to Balcarres .... weather permitting.    The forecast isn’t bad but I doubt if Balcarres will be possible, due to heavy showers:  in which case I’ll go to Balcarres as soon as we have a nice sunny day.    At the moment we have thick wet fog, so it looks like it could be ‘afternoon coffee’  at Chapel Green.

17.30    It was afternoon coffee with ‘The Boss’, after the mist suddenly cleared away  in the early afternoon.    I did go up to Chapel Green in the morning but didn’t take coffee with me;  I attached a rose to the seat;  usually it's a red ‘Dunblane’ rose, but there wasn’t one ready this year so it had to be a pink one.   I’m leaving going to Balcarres for a few days; hopefully the weather forecast  will be  more promising.

I needed  a few things at the ‘Deli’ so went up for the paper around about midday.    Tomorrow I intend making Scotch Broth in the crock pot and was short of a couple of ingredients.   The 'plan' is to get a few containers of soup for the freezer.                

The streets are still busy with holiday makers, as I found out when I went up to Elie;  Chapel Green was also busy both times I was up there.    This meant there was loads of people to talk to;  and I did.  

21.00    Although this has been a poignant day for me I have ‘enjoyed’ myself:  I feel that I am more ‘in touch’ (and less guilty) with ‘The Boss’ on this day .... ‘less guilty’  because I did a spot of ‘ooverin’ and dustin’ before I went up to Chapel Green.    For the month or so before this date and for a couple of months after it I am very efficient about doing ‘ousework ‘n stuff;  the rest of the year I blunder along being .... welll ... just

Maggie's rose.
me!   I can understand why Maggie moaned about somebody coming in off the beach and walking sand all over the place .... there’s still somebody doing that;  and I have to ‘oover after her/him!

Everything is ready for making a batch of Scotch Broth tomorrow.   All I have to do is put the ingredients into the crock pot and switch it on.   I think the weather forecast for tomorrow is for it to be much the same as today’s was.   

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....