Excited ....

 

7th August 2020 (Friday)   11.00 .... My word.... I did enjoy going for

Early morning swim.


the paper this morning:  I enjoy going for the paper every morning but this was one of those  morning’s you dream about.    I photographed it (the morning) 176 times.... I got ever so slightly excited.    The beach could be busy today!   Orf to have morrrrrrrning coffee.... before doing something in the garden.

15.30    It has been a beautiful day and Ferry Road has been busy with folk and traffic.   I don’t know where all the cars go;  there’s nowhere to park in the Ferry.    Maybe they go round in circles admiring the ‘Royal bit’ at the Centre of the Universe.   Yes .... I can understand a visitor wanting to do that.   Actually the beach will have been busy;  and a lot of the cars will have been day-trippers.

What have I been doing?    Apart from admiring the greenness of everything in the garden I haven’t done very much.    I charged up the bike battery so I might go somewhere tomorrow morning, but with the roads being busy it won’t be far....  unless I head for Balcarres;  that doesn’t involve much travelling on the main road, and it’s quiet  when I get onto the estate.

Kinneuchar Loch.
21.00     We’ve had what I call a hot day but not nearly as hot as it was in ‘Sunny Sussex and the Southeast.... and it’s to be hot down there for the next few days.     The forecaster was talking about 25c overnight tonight in London;  that’s not comfortable.   It will be interesting to hear how hot it is overnight in Sussex.    Too hot for me that’s for sure;   and yet I had  19 months in Cyprus and that included  a long summer ..... and I enjoyed it!    Now I’m likin’ our fresh Scottish air.

I surprised myself by doing some work with the cactus's;   and intend re-potting some tomorrow.... if I have enough compost.   The ‘plan’ is to get stuff done before the heat of the day;  starting with the ‘paper run’.   I would not like to be trying to have a night’s sleep in the Sunny Sussex tonight.   When I think of it I would ..... but it’s unlikely I’ll be down in Sussex until

Bonnie sunset sky.
there’s a reliable vaccine.

We had a bonnie at at sunset.... it's going to be bonnie day tomorrow right enough.   'Red sky at night etc......!

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....