Thundery showers forecast.....

 

10th August 2020 (Monday)    06.30 .... the sky is heavily overcast with a light

breeze from the Northeast.   There’s a yellow warning for thundery downpours over Fife that’s active from midday today, right through until midnight  on Wednesday.   The sky does look ominous and gloomy just now, though sunny spells are mentioned for later in the afternoon and this evening.   Showers are hit or miss ....let’s hope they miss us.

10.30    It’s only the sky that’s grey.... and it is starting to break up.   I’ve been for the paper and round the villages;  all is good at the Centre of the Universe...  the sun is breaking through as I type.   I’m having my morning mug of coffee and then have a wander round the garden , before settling down in the Hutte for a  catnap.

19.00    Catnap?.... I never did have a catnap.    For some unknown reason I fancied cutting lumps out of the Clematis:  my word that thing grows fast.   The wet weather we’ve had must suit it.    Anyway it has been clipped back ;  the next time I do it will its winter prune.... down to 18 inches from the ground.   When I’d finished doing the Clematis, and after I had a cuppa, I went  to Chapel Green on the bike, to have a think on the Boss’s seat.   I wish I’d taken a mug of coffee with me;  I usually do when I want to contemplate.      

Golfers on the tenth green.
The thundery showers never came our way.... (not yet anyway).... today.    Wales was hit with torrential rain and suffered flooding and power cuts.

 21.30    We’ve had one shower this evening but not very heavy;  they are forecast to continue overnight.   As long as they are not accompanied by  thunder and lightning.



I’ve had an enjoyable day .... having met, and spoken to some lovely folk and have even done some ‘work’.   The villages do appear to be quieter this week;  the Scottish schools re-open tomorrow so families will have had to go home for that.    When I think about it....the villages are going to be awfie quiet at the end of this holiday season.    Getting to know my neighbours has been enjoyable;  since Maggie died I ‘sort of’ kept to myself and, sadly for me, never got to know my neighbours.    The Clap for Carer’s changed all that:  suddenly I discovered that I have been surrounded by a whole lot of friendly neighbours all the time.   I am a lucky ‘boy’.

The weather will dictate what I do tomorrow;  if we do have thundery showers there ought to be some interesting clouds around in between the showers.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....