Storm Francis ....

 

25th August 2020 (Tuesday)     06.30 ....  we had an angry looking sky this morning as Storm Francis

Stormy looking sunrise sky.
begins to make its presence felt;   already there’s a brisk wind with a lot of interesting clouds.... but no rain just yet.   I’m having a quick cuppa before taking the car along to Elie.... rain doesn’t look to be very far away.    I got photos of the sky;  now I am looking forward to the ‘postie’.    The card reader reached Edinburgh MC (Mail Centre) at 02.56. so I might get it today.

08.00     I’ve been for the paper and down to the harbour;  lots of interesting photographs taken.    I went to the beach after parking the car:  It’s actually a braw  morning, with loads of fresh air.    Two blokes went in for a swim;  I didn’t think it was that bonnie a morning .... but they seemed to enjoy it.

I’m orf to have breakfast... then I’ll browse the television channels to see if there’s anything worth watching.   I’ll end up working on the computer eventually.

14.30     The card reader(s) were delivered this morning so you have one happy bunny in Ivy Cottage;  I can play with the photographs I’ve taken over the past few days.   You will note that I said card readers plural;  yep I ordered two:  I don’t want to be caught out again;  the past few days have been too frustrating.   

 17.30     It has been a wet and wild afternoon but it has been a good day for working on the computer;  and watching a couple of old films on Channel 81.   Tomorrow’s forecast doesn’t look too exciting;  though it should be drier with a few sunny spells later in the afternoon..... Saturday looks like being the good day this week.   I’ll catch up with my photographs tomorrow morning, then get the bike out after lunch.

21.30    It hasn’t been the sort of day to send anyone a “wish you were here” postcard; 

Mike and Jock on the sixth green.
not someone you liked anyway.    It has been a wet and windy day ... and still is, so it looks like we’re in for a wild, and wet, night.   I shall have a ‘lie in’ tomorrow morning and go for the paper later.    In spite of the weather I have enjoyed today, having managed to sort out some of the backlog of photos I took over the past few days.   I’m now going to have a mug of Horlicks before bedtime.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....