Greylag ....

 

9th August 2020 (Sunday)    10.30 .... The bonnie morning we’re

Autumnal scene.
having mean that I take lot of photographs (163) of the Centre of the Universe and take a while to sort them out.   Which is why the Hutte is late:   Having said that .... I am a happy boy, and a lucky one living where I do.    Oh, I took my first photo of migrating birds this Autumn... in the stubble field at St Ford.    Four Greylag and one Curlew.

It is a lovely day but the breeze is from the Southeast, and therefore cooler than it was yesterday.    Everything was quiet when I was out but I imagine the beach will be busy once the day gets going.   I am going to have ‘morning coffee’ in the Hutte, where I shall have a glance through the paper;  and fall asleep.   I was ‘up’ at... er.... ‘silly time’ this morning (04.50)... so will drop off ‘nae bother’.    Enjoy your day.

19.00     The beach was busy today in spite of the cool onshore wind;   most folk appear to wear wet suits for going swimming nowadays so that keep the cold breeze out.   I did fall asleep after lunch (for about 45 minutes) and woke up with the urge to do some tidying up around the garden.   I stopped for a cuppa about 15.00 and, while having the cuppa I decided that I’d go up to Kinneuchar and have a walk around the kirk area.  The South-easterly breeze wasn’t that cold so I planned to come home via Balbuthie Loan and the main road into Elie and along South Street.    When I did get out I found the

Kinneuchar kirk from the south-east.
roads were busy as I’d suspected they might be, but the car drivers were all considerate:  having said that I don’t think I’ll go out in the middle of the afternoon again.   Evening time would be better.    Anyway I enjoyed the visit to a Kinneuchar;    Kinneuchar Inn seemed to be fairly busy otherwise Kinneuchar was quiet.   I didn’t see anybody I knew.

Since then I have sorted out the photographs and had ‘dinner’;  unfortunately a migraine has kicked in, most likely brought on by the warm weather.... a couple of pills and a cuppa should dampen it down.


21.00     My ‘plan’ for tomorrow is to do some more tidying up in the garden... (after I’ve been for the paper) .... and drink copious amounts of tea.... with one coffee at 10.00 ish.   This is the routine I have got into since COVID-19 hit , and it seems to work for me.   I have a sortie out somewhere (usually Chapel Green) in the afternoon and find someone to talk to ‘in the passing’.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....