Calm after the storm ....

 

26th August 2020 (Wednesday)     07.30 ....thankfully  the wind moderated overnight and we have a


quieter morning, but the sky is still heavily overcast, with the threat of showers.   I’ll go for the paper about lunch time;  by that time the sky might have started to brighten up, though it doesn’t look promising just now.   

09.30    Since my first update I have had a migraine (weather) and this will cramp my activities for today (I’ve taken a couple of pills).    I’ll most likely fall asleep in fro not the tele.  We had a glimpse of the sun trying to break through the clouds so there is a chance of brighter spells in the afternoon;  by that time I should be feeling mair active.

15.00    I did fall asleep watching the tele and woke up (after half an hour) feeling brighter, which is more than can be said of the weather.    Although the sky has lightened there are spits and spots of rain falling just now ,so the planned circumnavigate of the villages has been postponed;  I might get out in the evening.    At least the sky is clearing, albeit slowly;  it has been wet and miserable up till an hour or so ago.   I ventured up into the big attic today, with a view to contemplating doing some work but, I went right off that idea;  going up and down the loft ladder was hard work.

Elie Estate boathouse.Add caption

21.00     By the time the sun finally broke through it was coming up to sunset, but at least the day ended brighter than it began;  and the weather should be slightly better tomorrow.    Sunny spells and light showers are mentioned.    I went for a walk, up to the Pony Field and golf course for my exercise;   I’m hoping the weather will be more amenable for getting out tomorrow.  I can’t help but think that we’re going to have a long autumn/winter if we don’t get a decent spell of summer-like weather soon.

I’ve had a lazy day;   migraine’s take ‘the wind out of my sails’ .... usually until the next day, when I wake up after a good night’s sleep.   That reminds me;   I need to find a book to read in bed.... I finished the one I was reading last night.    It was about Sussex.   I’ll make a mug of Horlicks, have a look at the news the get orf to bed.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....