Bright and breezy ....

 

20th August 2020 (Thursday)     08.00 .... we have a ‘drying day;   and I have

some of washing on the line already, with sheets going through the machine as I type.    We had some rain overnight but not very much so it looks like being a bonnie but breezy day.... and the wind (F4) appears to be coming from the southwest just now.... the sea is running that way anyway.

I’m feeling brighter this morning, but I don’t intend falling asleep in the Hutte with the door closed again.... it gets too hot, and I end up with a serious attack of ‘the mauchless’.   Today is going to be a ‘rest day’, though I will get out on the bike by lunchtime.    Must ‘go’ slight flap on got a boiling kettle to sort out.

16.00    I had planned to go to Neil’s this morning (and the ‘paper shop’) on my way home from Kinneuchar.... but couldn’t go to either:  I forgot to take a mask with me.    Other than that I enjoyed my bike run.... and I met Stewart;  busy doing things to the boathouse just now.   I then completed my tour of the villages via The Terrace, South Street and Chapel Green:   I noticed a few showers around us but we have been lucky and they missed KY9;   the washing is dry so I am not bothered about showers now.   Thundery showers and brisk winds are forecast for tomorrow so doing the washing today was the right choice.

21.00    It has been a productive a productive day for 'the boy';  even did the ironing..... and some ‘ousework.    I’m thinkin’ that tomorrow might be a computer day if the showers that are forecast do come our way, and are frequent;  actually looks like it could be rain first thing in the morning.    Going for the ‘paper’ could be a car job

This has been an enjoyable day today with a mix of ‘work’ (not much) and play (a healthy amount).  Most importantly I didn't sit in The Hutte during the heat of the day to avoid can attack of the 'mauchless' (heat exhaustion).   I've been thinking.... KY9 is very lucky with showery weather;  they mostly miss us.    Long may it stay that way.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....